Holocaust Workshop featuring Big Sonia (Zoom)
June 10 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm$10
Effectively incorporating survivor testimony into Holocaust education personalizes the history being taught and allows students to make an emotional connection to those who experienced it first hand. This workshop enables educators to teach the history and make those connections through the testimony from Kansas City survivor Sonia Warshawski.
This workshop features:
- Echoes and Reflections curriculum
- MCHE’s Witnesses to the Holocaust Archive
- JCRB/AJC’s teaching unit on modern antisemitism
- classroom version and teaching materials for Big Sonia. Participants are encouraged to watch the documentary before attending the workshop through Amazon, Amazon Prime, Kanopy or Vimeo.
- Gallery tour of the Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum