November 8, 2018
10:30 – 12:00
Jewish Community Center
5801 West 115th Street
Overland Park, Kansas
Commemorating the 80th anniversary of Kristallnacht.
In commemoration of the 80th anniversary of Kristallnacht, MCHE is pleased to offer a special program for students featuring German and Austrian survivors who personally witnessed the events of the 1930s. The speakers will each share their personal recollections of their childhoods including memories of early persecution, Kristallnacht, the Kindertransports and emigration. Participation by specific survivors will be determined based on availability. In the event that survivors are unable to participate on the day of the panel, children of survivors will speak to the students.
The program will be introduced and moderated by MCHE’s Jessica Rockhold and followed by a question and answer session.
- Students must be 7th-12th graders.
- One adult chaperone per 15 students is required. Adults do not count in the payment calculations.
- Reserved seating will be allotted based on the head count provided.
- Groups will be accepted on a space available basis.
- You will be invoiced for payment after your registration is accepted and it is determined that adequate space is available. Your reservation will be confirmed upon receipt of payment.
Following receipt of your application, an invoice will be generated and payment is due within one week in order to confirm your reservation.
|Up to 25 students||–||$1.00 per student|