The MCHE Library is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The library is also open on Wednesdays until 7:00 p.m. by appointment only. Appointments can be made by calling 913-327-8192.
Nearly 3000 titles are available for free loan to teachers, students or the general public. This includes the Witnesses to the Holocaust Archive featuring the testimony of local Kansas City survivors, more than 200 films, poster sets, book circle bags, and classroom sets of books.
Utilize the catalog on the right to search for a title, call us at 913-327-8192, or visit during our open hours.
Procedures for checking out materials
- Patrons may check out a maximum of four items for two weeks.
- Patrons will be issued a library card.
- Materials with a replacement cost of $50 or more require a refundable deposit.
- All materials must be returned directly to the MCHE office during regular office hours.
- Special arrangements for loan by mail, can be made by calling Dana at (913) 327-8192.
- A $0.50 per item per day late fee will be assessed on all late resources.
- Classroom sets incur a $5.00 per day late fee. Teachers who are missing one or two books are encouraged to return the set and pay a $0.50 per item per day fee on the missing books.
- A one-time phone renewal can be arranged by calling (913) 327-8192 before the resource is overdue.
- Late fees may be paid by check, cash, or credit card.